We are in the midst of a culture change to person-centered care, following a household model rather than an institutional model. We have adopted this innovative concept as our philosophy of care because it promotes resident autonomy and control.
Decisions about daily schedules, leisure time activities, and care plan goals are made in a way that makes your needs and wishes a top priority.
At Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, we believe this is a better way because:
- It feels like home, not an institution.
- It honors individual schedules, rather than forcing all residents to abide by one set schedule.
- It focuses on individual needs and wishes, not staff efficiency.
- It offers staff a chance to develop relationships, rather than simply complete tasks.
- It creates community and a sense of belonging.