Pain can come on suddenly from an injury such as a bruise or broken bone, or it can also be chronic, as result of a disease like arthritis or cancer. If you or your loved one are experiencing one or both kinds of pain, Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care’s pain management program can help.
Pain is difficult to measure and treat. Residents experiencing chronic pain can be depressed, sleepless, restless, distressed, or even lose their appetite. Residents with extreme or chronic pain may stop doing activities or change their routines. We know that treating pain is important in ensuring each individual has a high quality of life.
Our highly qualified staff is trained to:
Our goal is to manage your pain. Our on-site treatment and pain management methods include:
- Monitor residents for signs of pain
- Observe how residents walk, move from the bed to a chair, eat, and go about other daily activities
- Identify signs of pain in residents who are not able to speak or have memory loss such as Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease
- Recognize that residents moan, cry, or scream when in pain
- Take action when residents hold or rub a part of the body that that hurts
- Find the root cause of the pain
- Perform physical examinations
- Administer pain management drugs
- Order tests, including blood tests or utilization of our on-site x-rays if needed
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Electrical stimulation (E-Stim)
- Cold and heat therapy
- Physical therapy
- Psychological counseling
- Patterned Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation (PENS)
Our E-Stim, Ultrasound, and Diathermy therapies are provided by Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) with additional state-of-the-art equipment. Residents, families, and caregivers will regularly discuss our pain management strategy in our weekly, monthly, and quarterly individual care plan meetings.