After suffering from a traumatic cardiovascular event, or following a surgery to reduce risk of a future cardiac episode, you might need cardiac rehabilitation. Bethesda’s cardiac care program is designed to get you and your loved ones back on the road to leading a heart healthy life.
Our rehab therapies focus on reducing the symptoms of heart disease and other cardiac conditions. We are equipped with all of the necessary tools and expertise to help you recover from:
- Heart attack
- Angioplasty, stent placement, or other percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Pacemaker placement
- Heart surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Heart valve replacement
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Low-function capacity hypertension
- Low cardiac ejection fractions
While in our care, cardiac patients have access to:
- Nurses trained in cardiac interventions and management strategies
- Physical, occupational, speech, and respiratory therapies
- Pain management
- Medication management
- Weekly individualized Care Plan
- Educational resources
- Progressive exercise regimen tailored to fit each patient’s needs and ability
In addition to our cardiac rehab therapies, we also offer disease-related education for you and your family, to help you better understand your diagnosis and decrease the risk of future heart problems.
Take an active role in your recovery- call Bethesda today.