While diabetes is just one of the many diagnoses we are capable of managing here at Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, our diabetes care program is one of our core competencies.
Diabetes is a common medical condition among older adults. For many, the burden of glucose monitoring and medication use is too difficult to handle alone at home. Our highly-trained staff is here to help.
We work with each diabetic resident and their families to:
- Understand goals and develop care plan strategies
- Increase your knowledge of the disease and treatment
- Administer insulin and medications
- Address complications and infection
- Reduce risk factors for hypoglycemia
- Manage common conditions such as hypertension and hyperlipidemia
Bethesda’s comprehensive diabetes care program helps you take an active role in managing diabetes.