At Bethesda Rehab & Senior Care, we know that recovering from an injury or surgery can be painful. Our pain management program can help you feel your best during your rehab stay.
Pain is difficult to measure and treat. Residents with extreme or chronic pain may be unwilling to participate in therapy, stop doing recreational activities, or change their routines. We know that treating pain is important in ensuring a successful recovery, and a high quality of life.
Our highly qualified staff is trained to:
Our goal is to manage your pain. Our on-site treatment and pain management methods include:
- Monitor residents for signs of pain
- Observe how residents walk, move from the bed to a chair, eat, and go about other daily activities
- Identify signs of pain in residents who are not able to speak or have memory loss such as Dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease
- Recognize that residents moan, cry, or scream when in pain
- Take action when residents hold or rub a part of the body that that hurts
- Find the root cause of the pain
- Perform physical examinations
- Administer pain management drugs
- Order tests, including blood tests or utilization of our on-site x-rays if needed
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Electrical stimulation (E-Stim)
- Cold and heat therapy
- Physical therapy
- Psychological counseling
- Patterned Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation (PENS)
Our E-Stim, Ultrasound, and Diathermy therapies are provided by Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) with additional state-of-the-art equipment. Residents, families, and caregivers will regularly discuss our pain management strategy in our weekly, monthly, and quarterly individual care plan meetings.